Monday 13 February 2012

In which I must rave: Etsy

My wonderful friend Sarah introduced me to the world of Etsy and I can't possibly thank her enough; I have found so many beautiful items; from hand knitted baby blankets and booties to unique one of a kind jewellery pieces. I think it's fantastic having a centralised place for like artisans to advertise and sell their works, it's wonderful being able to purchase and personalise a gift that's a little extra special.

A few of my favourite Etsy shops include:

Peaces of Indigo by the beautiful Dawanna Young who creates stunning one of a kind as well as customised jewellery. She customised a beautiful gold pendant with my two son's names engraved on the back and I have purchased several rings. She uses recycled metal (silver & 22ct gold) and the stones are all Fair Trade, each ring band stamped in her own unique embossing and hidden inscription reminiscent of Medieval poesy rings; I think her work is simply beautiful and each purchase arrives lovingly wrapped, tied with the most divine velvet ribbon!

(Left to Right) Blue Sapphire, Pink Sapphire, Garnet & Yellow Sapphire

Customised necklace (quite small) with Tudor Rose design

Another of my favourite Etsy shops is Tafferty Designs; the lovely Judith created my gorgeous baby blanket which now graces her advertisement on Etsy (thank you Judith). All her work is hand
knit/crocheted and she is only too happy to customise or create something is you do not see it in her shop.



There are honestly too many good Etsy shops to rave about; other favourites include steelgoddess who I continue to purchase stationary from, Tartx who creates various unique pieces including (my personal favourite) a scarf with a screen print of Anne Boleyn, Brookish (for Jane Austen fans) create lovely (and comfortable) tee shirts, sweats and mugs; Lastly Lapaperie who I've only recently discovered as I am very much coveting her large leather bound sketch book to hold all my Georgiana drawings; a luxury perhaps, but for my drawings, a worthwhile one *wink*

1 comment:

  1. I totally concur... I could get lost in Etsy shops all day long! The creativity of some of them is astounding!

    ReplyDelete