Tuesday 14 February 2012

In which I am doing my bit for the environment: IKOU

IKOU Eco cleaning products; laundry powder, dish washing liquid & multi purpose cleaner

I have been a local in the Blue Mountains for 20 years and although ikou has been around for quite sometime, it was only recently that I faced the tourists and ventured into their flagship store in Leura. There, I spoke to one of the lovely retail assistants who recommended I try their laundry powder as my son has quite sensitive skin and I had been having trouble trying to find a laundry powder that I could use without him coming out in a rash or complaining about being itchy. Not only does the Eucalyptus Laundry Powder small good, but it cleans effectively and my son has had no skin irritations what so ever, it is now one of my staple cleaning products. I also recently tried their dish washing liquid and their multi purpose cleaning, both of which I will continue to use.

Ikou believe in a Greener Australia, none of their products are tested on animals and everything is Eco friendly and their beautifully scented candles are 10% naturally produced.

I have tried several of their products including their heavenly Organic Italian Orange & Jojoba Body Buff which I swear by, it's THE best body scrub which leaves my skin feeling soft and smelling delicious! Their tea light candles with accompanying Himalayan Salt Crystal Candle Lamp are just beautiful, they  give off the loveliest glow when lit. They also have a great organic tea range and being a self confessed English tea addict, I am now a Green tea (Zen) convert and I have found it difficult to drink anything bar the delicious concoction at the moment.

Ikou also run a day spa in Leura and I had the honour of enjoying a de-stress hot stone massage a few weeks ago, compliments of the lovely ikou owners Paul & Naomi having won a $500 voucher. What can I say? Not only is the soft green decor of the spa relaxing, but massage itself combined with the beautiful oils heavenly, the hot stones are my favourite massage therapy and the ikou day spa did not disappoint.

So if you're looking to try some Eco friendly cleaners or spoil yourself with one of ikou's many massage treatments or rituals I couldn't recommend their products enough.

No comments:

Post a Comment