Tuesday 8 January 2013

In which I love Parisian cool: Isabel Marant

Isabel Marant Dicker Boots

Being a mother has it's 'ugly' days and although I adore my two handsome little boys, occasionally I feel the need to splash out on some gorgeous 'must have' fashion item and look the part without feeling so mumsy; whether that be a jacket, boots, jeans or even a new lipstick - I like to purchase  staple items that I know I will continue to wear for years to come.

A few years ago I came across the designer Isabel Marant; this was prior to her becoming one of the most wanted designers on every fashionistas wish list, her dicker boots, little mini dresses & structured jackets iconic. I had forgotten about her until suddenly, her dicker boots seemed to be in my face on every magazine

Now I understand WHY these boots are so coveted; they are, without a doubt, THE most comfortable ankle boots I have ever owned, so much so, that I also went out and purchased them in Anthracite, Taupe and Camel. With all the running around I do I basically live in ballet flats or boots (during winter), so buying heeled ankle boots and being comfortable in them is a big deal (believe me); I only own one pair of heels which make do for any and all special occasion moments. The best thing about these boots is that they look great dressed up or down.





Apart from her super comfortable dicker boots, I also recently purchased the Hoani jacket which was on sale and I must admit, it's gorgeous. Each outing I've worn it, I've received endless compliments (aka boost to self confidence after second child), it's so well cut and structured, it's easy to understand why Isabel Marant is such a unique and coveted designer.

And now I ponder, do I need them in leather *wink*

1 comment: