Monday 25 April 2011

Destiny by John William Waterhouse

For my very first blog post I thought that I would post a picture from my favorite artist; John William Waterhouse. As much as I can appreciate 'Modern Art' I don't find that it holds the same magic or otherworldliness that I find when I look at the works of Waterhouse, or any of the Pre-Raphaelite artists for that matter; (Millais being another favorite) although Waterhouse only worked in the style of the Pre-Raphaelites, he wasn't part of the famed brotherhood, I absolutely love all his works so it's hard to only have the one favorite, 'Destiny' would have to be it though, closely followed by 'The Lady of Shallot'.

1 comment:

  1. Welcome to Blogland! It's so good you've finally joined us. :)
    I find it so hard to pick a favourite piece by Waterhouse. I love 'Miranda - The Tempest', but I also love 'Boreas'. And 'I am half sick of shadows'.
    ...See what I mean?
    ~S. xo

    ReplyDelete